Thursday, May 1, 2008

Yeah....my first entry!




So....I finally decided to do this. I have read so many of these. Some personal and some just for business. And then there are those in between. The problem....which one of those will I be.

Okay...first I am a fabriholic. I love fabric. I mean I looooovvvveeee fabric. I also love lace. Not the hard stiff white kind of lace. I mean beautiful soft lace. those soft muted colors like peach and pink and even soft blues and lilacs. I love the lace on wedding gowns...alencon in ecru and candlelight. I get nuts for satins and silks. I even tried to make custom bras and panties. I would have done well had I the patience. I found out unless it's for me it's just easier to go to a good department store with a good foundation department.

So I am the one who goes to the fabric store and picks out the 3 yards I need. then I find out there is this sale that if you buy 3 yards at $17.00 for another $10.00 you can get 2 more yards. Sounds good to me. I am the if one is good two is better and three is just the bomb! Guess how much fabric I have. It's really a sickness.

So now I sew and sew and sew. My Mom and I opened a shop in the Biltmore Village in Ashville, North Carolina. Mom is the real arty one. She is just so damn talented. Go take a peak at the shops. Her dolls are incredible. Her needlepoint canvases are gorgeous! You should see the way she does Christmas!

I have been a nurse since I was 23. Then a small bout with lymphoma knocked me out of my cape. I looked and couldn't find my fit for a long time. I sewed gowns for pageants for a long time. That is a bit much let me tell you. But my need for a purse to go with a specific outfit has blossomed into Bag Ladies, too. And I am in my glory. And I love it!

I am giving Etsy a go. I have been a bit discouraged but I am going to keep going. I know I can do this. they are one of a kind. And they are truly great looking bags. So I cross my fingers and toes. And I know I can do this!

No comments: