Monday, May 5, 2008

Other blogs I have read....


I went on the forums today.....I like to peek to see who is complaining about what or who needs help with what. I have learned lots of things doing this. Well today I saw a thread about who updated their blogs today. So I sneaked a peek. Everyone had a link to their blog so I looked at all the blogs.


I am hooked! It's like reading a good book you can't put down. with some of them I found myself wondering "what next?" I have never blogged before until Etsy. And I swore I would do this and keep it up to try to network. But these others make me look like my 12 year old journaling. I have so much to learn. But boy this is fun!


My Mom went to the store today to bring some merchandise in. I am so ticked off I am having a hard time concentrating on anything else. there is a woman in another venue who was making beach bags. Because of this I decided not to make large beach totes for the store. Nice me, right? Well low and behold she now has totes like my original tote and bucket totes and hipsters. Now...that's okay because how many shapes can you make a bag? The problem here is she has used the exact same fabrications I have. I never make the same bag twice. EVER! I don't want anyone to see themselves coming and going with the same bag. If I could take the time to pair my own fabrics....HELLO! I really look at my fabrics. I understand that Waverly only makes so many colors of one print and I certainly don't have the right to tell anyone not to put this stripe with that floral. But don't copy my stuff and then put it in your shop 3 doors down and under price me. this is one of those days when I am glad I haven't moved up there yet. I probably wouldn't have been as ladylike as my Mom was when she saw them.


Oh well.....I guess I am done crying now. Imitation is NOT the sincerest form of flattery in this case!
Oh....another one of my wonderful Mother's needlepoint canvases. She painted this for me but I never stiched it. Lazy, lazy, lazy! Can't you just see this stiched in silks and metallics?

No comments: